1st Line NOC Engineer
NOC Duty Manager
37 hours per week, 7am - 1am (7.5 hours shift pattern) Monday to Sunday, 5 day weeks
Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £92m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 88 for April 2023. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 390 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 2000 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
An ambitious company with plans to grow in from current £92m Annual Revenue, 390 Staff to £300m Annual Revenue and 1300 staff by 2030 with a combination of acquisition and organic growth.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Private Equity Company, Livingbridge, to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
Full Job Specification:
Your primary focus will be to provide 1st line support to FluidOne’s customer base. As the first point of contact within our Network Operating Centre you will employ your interpersonal skills combined with technical knowledge to help resolve or escalate customer issues
This job would be perfect for someone with experience within a similar role looking for a new challenge but also presents itself as a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a break into the IT industry. With focus on connectivity and networking, you will be fully supported and trained to gain the knowledge and skills required to reach your potential within this role, opening doors for progression within our expanding company.
- First point of contact for support enquiries within FluidOne’s Network Operations Centre by phone, email and client portal
- Responsible for working within the support team and escalating problems to the necessary engineers
- Logging details of faults in our ticketing system, diagnosing and resolving faults
- Coordinating tests and troubleshooting with clients to resolve technical faults
- Liaising with vendors, suppliers and partners to resolve technical faults
- Keeping clients well informed on progress of support tickets, by phone and email
- Reaching resolution of incidents within SLA and to the quality standards
demanded by FluidOne’s policies
- Providing occasional remote hands assistance to customers or our Network Operations team at customer site or at FluidOne datacentres
- Ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner and within defined KPIs, OLAs and SLAs
- Upholding FluidOne’s Service Teams Unified Service Standards
- Adhering to quality communication standards defined by FluidOne
- Adhering to FluidOne’s Security and Data Protection and confidentiality Clauses
- Undertaking any other duties deemed suitable by management
- Maintaining job related training as required by management
Experience / Qualifications:Essential:
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good organisational skills
- Has a strong enthusiasm for technology and delivering world class customer service
- Is a strong team player
- Awareness of OSI model
- Awareness of ITIL framework
- Awareness of WAN/MPLS technologies
- Experience working within a service desk environment
- Experience with working with ISP suppliers
- Knowledge of BT infrastructure, support processes and systems
Benefits after probationary period
- Subsidised Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Sodexo Discount Platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 5% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- One day off for Birthday
- Half price internet connectivity
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
How to apply:
Please send you CV with covering letter to email@example.com Please add the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.