Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £68m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 84 for August 2022. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 310 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work
for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 1,350 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Livingbridge to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic third line network engineer looking for a new challenge.
Working with the MSP IT team, You will be our network specialist and you will be involved with some exciting new projects as we continue to grow our customer base as well as integrate our own networks and systems.
The successful applicant will work closely with our service desk and must also be familiar with Azure, VMware and office365. FluidOne is a fast-growing dynamic company and the right candidate will see opportunity for rapid career progression.
Full Job Specification
- Working with clients to identify and resolve problems. There may be need for the occasional customer or data centre visit
- Working on projects for new solutions, migrations and changes
- Liaising with wholesale suppliers and partners to resolve technical faults
- Coordinating tests and troubleshooting with clients to resolve technical faults
- Keeping clients well informed on progress of support tickets, by email and phone
- must have excellent communication skills & be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and customers
- Must be certified to a minimum CCNA level and have comprehensive networking knowledge. CCNP is desirable.
- Must be competent working with Juniper equipment
- Must be competent working with Fortinet equipment
- An excellent command of English both written and verbal
- Experience of working within for an ISP would be desirable
- VMWare experience is desirable
- Office365 knowledge is desirable
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals are also desirable.
Working Hours: 37 hours
Location: based in Cheltenham with some hybrid working, Occasional visits to Fluidone’s other core sites in London and Horsham may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Benefits after probationary period
- Subsidised Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Sodexo Discount Platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 5% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- One day off for Birthday
- Half price internet connectivity
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
How to apply:
Please Send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Other Available Positions
Colgate / Hemel Hempstead
NOC Duty Manager
37 hours per week on a 24/7 shift rota, 12-hour shifts, Monday – Sunday, 4 days on, 4 days off