Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £68m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 84 for August 2022. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 310 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 1,350 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Livingbridge to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
Full Job Specification
The Solution Architect role is responsible for leading technical engagement with new and existing clients. With a detailed mind and a proven track record of designing suitable and profitable solutions, the architect will be responsible for the design of complex customer solutions.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead client engagement and translate business needs to technology architecture
- Act as design authority and propose solutions in line with commercial targets, while delivering within capabilities and processes
- Compose and present detailed technical documents ensuring the functional and non-functional requirements are addressed by the technical design of the solution
- Balance client needs, SLAs, critical success factors with delivery capabilities and risks
- Provide technical leadership of customer projects and oversee solution implementation
- Proactively review customer solutions and propose improvements and strategic direction, anticipating client goals
- Work closely with product, commercial and sales management
- Manage vendors and suppliers to support solution delivery
- Act as a design authority for key Infrastructure technologies covering Data Centre, LAN & WAN and telephony solutions.
This job specification does not list all duties and is not limited to the above list of responsibilities
Experience / Qualifications
- Must have experience across the following technologies:
- PBX/UC platforms including hybrid solutions ideally Mitel
- UC Cloud solutions (8×8, Teams Online)
- LAN, WAN & DC infrastructure (Switching, Routing, SD-WAN, SASE, WLAN, SDN)
- Edge Security appliances (Firewall’s IDS/IPS, DDoS), Web application gateways, load balancers
- Ideally, excellent understanding of structured architecture approaches such as TOGAF.
- Previous customer facing experience architecting technical solutions for enterprise sized customers
- Skilled understanding of modern security protocols, procedure and some exposure to the fundamentals of cyber security
- Key understanding of IT best practice and governance
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Oversight experience on major infrastructure projects and successful transitions to support teams
- Beneficial to have experience across a wind range of technologies including (but not limited to):
- Network Access controls (Cisco ISE)
- Security information and event management (GrayLog, Splunk, Log logic)
- Endpoint Protection (Advanced malware protection, Content filtering)
- Data Loss Prevention solutions
- Cloud Services (Dev & Test, Staging & Production environment’s, Azure & AWS)
- Experience on hypervisor (VMware, Hyper-V, HP, KVM) security and controls.
- Understanding of Windows Server architecture design Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016; Active Directory; Group Policy, DNS; Certificate Services; IIS, DFS
- Systems and mobile management software (Microsoft SCCM, Parallels Mac Management, Intune, Mobile Iron)
- Enterprise UC platforms (Skype for Business, SfB Online, Teams Online, Mitel MiVoice, Broad works)
- UC integration with CRM systems
- SIP/VoIP Gateways (e-SBC’s AudioCodes, Acme packet, Mitel)
Benefits after probationary period:
- Free Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- FluidOne Rewards platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Free internet connectivity
- £50 Birthday Voucher
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
How to apply:
Please send your CV with covering letter to recruitment@FluidOne.com Please add the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Other Available Positions
IT Services Team Manager