Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £68m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 85 for April 2022. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 310 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 1,350 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid- market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in- house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Livingbridge to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
The Solution Architect role is responsible for leading technical engagement with new and existing clients. With a detailed mind and a proven track record of designing suitable and profitable solutions, the architect will be responsible for the design of complex customer solutions.
- Lead client engagement and translate business needs to technology architecture
- Act as design authority and propose solutions in line with commercial targets, while delivering within capabilities and processes
- Compose and present detailed technical documents ensuring the functional and non-functional requirements are addressed by the technical design of the solution
- Balance client needs, SLAs, critical success factors with delivery capabilities and risks
- Provide technical leadership of customer projects and oversee solution implementation
- Proactively review customer solutions and propose improvements and strategic direction, anticipating client goals
- Work closely with product, commercial and sales management
- Manage vendors and suppliers to support solution delivery
- Act as a design authority for key Infrastructure technologies covering Data Centre, LAN & WAN and telephony solutions.
This job specification does not list all duties and is not limited to the above list of responsibilities
- Must have experience across the following technologies:
- PBX/UC platforms including hybrid solutions ideally Mitel
- UC Cloud solutions (8×8, Teams Online)
- LAN, WAN & DC infrastructure (Switching, Routing, SD-WAN, SASE, WLAN, SDN)
- Edge Security appliances (Firewall’s IDS/IPS, DDoS), Web application gateways, load balancers
- Ideally, excellent understanding of structured architecture approaches such as TOGAF.
- Customer facing experience architecting technical solutions for enterprise sized customers
- Skilled understanding of modern security protocols, procedure and some exposure to the fundamentals of cyber security
- Key understanding of IT best practice and governance
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Oversight experience on major infrastructure projects and successful transitions to support teams
- Optional: Beneficial to have experience across a wind range of technologies including (but not limited to):
- Network Access controls
- Security information and event management
- Endpoint Protection (Advanced malware protection, Content filtering)
- Data Loss Prevention solutions
- Cloud Services
- Experience on hypervisor (VMware, Hyper-V, HP, KVM) security and controls.
- Understanding of Windows Server architecture design
- Systems and mobile management software (Microsoft SCCM, Intune, Mobile Iron)
- Enterprise UC platforms (Teams Online, Mitel MI Voice, Broad works, 8×8)
- SIP/VoIP Gateways (e-SBC’s AudioCodes, Acme packet, Mitel)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Benefits after probationary period
- Subsidised Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Sodexo Discount Platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 5% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- One day off for Birthday
- Half price internet connectivity
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
How to apply:
Send CV with covering letter to email@example.com with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic
Other Available Positions
Finance Operations Manager
£22k - £26k based on experience