FluidOne, established in 2006, is a market leading network aggregator with services delivered via our award-winning Platform One, which is our national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, DASH, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Our vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission critical applications and data.
We are backed by Livingbridge, a market leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys. Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked at 32 in the best small Companies to work for in London.
With that in mind, we are looking for an ambitious Project Manager to ensure we deliver a high standard of excellence throughout the customer experience.
The role is to manage a small team of Project Managers and to project manage customer projects for major corporate clients, ensuring quality delivery on-time and within budget. Projects can be for any of the products delivered within our portfolio.
Full Job Specification
- Manage a small team of project managers to deliver projects to the standards set out below. For clarity this role will be expected to have their own portfolio of projects to manage.
- Be the lead project manager for major and multi-site delivery projects
- Manage occasional in-house projects as required
- Work with the service delivery team to coordinate project fulfilment across our products
- Manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, liaising with customers and internal stakeholders specifically ensuring the following are in place for each project:
- Project Initiation and statement of works documentation
- At least a high-level project plan for each project
- Weekly updates to each client stating Risks, Actions and Next Steps
- Weekly update meetings if required by conference call
- Financial tracking to ensure on-budget delivery or onward billing of additional items
- Time management to ensure the time for each project is tracked against that budgeted for
- Stakeholder meetings where appropriate at customer site or FluidOne Offices
- Accurate Recordkeeping and hand over of completed project to the business as usual teams
- Gathering of final project survey and collating lessons learned
- Ensure FluidOne’s revenue and Margin are protected by tracking resources and assets assigned to a project
- Provide clear expectations to the client and deliver to those expectations ensuring out of scope items are identified as additional revenue generating opportunities.
- Management of the quality delivery of projects to the standards and SLAs set by FluidOne
- Ensure on-time, in budget and quality delivery of projects
- Stakeholder management to ensure all parties are meeting expectations on any given project.
- Reporting to the board on a monthly basis on the performance of the projects team to key KPIs.
Experience / Qualifications
- At least 2 years previous experience within an IT or telecommunications business in a service delivery or project management role
- 5 years in project Management
- Good understanding of telecommunications data technologies (DSL & leased lines)
- A PRINCE 2 Certification with a demonstrable experience and strong working knowledge of the principles
- Good motivation and work ethic, with the ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
Benefits after probationary period
- Free Health and subsidised dental care
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Discounted gym membership
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
- Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
- Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
- Free internet connectivity
- £50 Birthday Voucher
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
- Individual bonuses