FluidOne, established in 2006, is a market-leading network aggregator with services delivered via our award-winning Platform One, which is our national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, DASH, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Our vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission-critical applications and data.
Customer experience and high-quality service are at the heart of our strategy, and we have a market-leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 75 as at Sept19 against a telecoms industry average of 32.
We are backed by Livingbridge, a market-leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity-related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys.
Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked at 32 in the best small Companies to work for in London.
The Senior Presales Engineer role is responsible for leading technical engagement with new and existing enterprise clients. With a detailed mind and a proven track record of designing suitable and profitable solutions, this role will be responsible for mapping the customers’ requirements to a technical solution.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead client engagement and translate business needs to FluidOne products
- Lead technical presales engagements to propose solutions in line with commercial targets while delivering within capabilities and processes
- Compose and present technical documents ensuring the functional and non-functional requirements are addressed by the technical design of the solution
- Balance client needs, SLAs, critical success factors with delivery capabilities and risks
- Facilitate Solution Discovery, Solution Overview, and Technical Workshops with customers
- Work closely with product, commercial and sales managers
- Manage vendors and suppliers to support solution delivery
- Lead the technical response to tenders (RFI/RFP)
Experience / Qualifications
- A successful candidate will require at least two years of customer-facing experience within a similar role
- Experience across the following technologies:
- LAN, WAN & DC infrastructure (Switching, Routing, SD-WAN, WLAN, SDN)
- Edge Security appliances
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort presenting to enterprise customers and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- A candidate with a managed services background or telephony would be beneficial
Benefits after Probationary period:
- Free Private medical and subsidised dental care
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Discounted gym membership
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
- Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
- Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
- Free internet connectivity
- £50 Birthday Voucher
- Ride2Work Scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
- Individual bonuses
How to apply: Send CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.