Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £92m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 88 for April 2023. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 390 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 2000 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
An ambitious company with plans to grow in from current £92m Annual Revenue, 390 Staff to £300m Annual Revenue and 1300 staff by 2030 with a combination of acquisition and organic growth.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Private Equity Company, Livingbridge, to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
As physical infrastructure engineer you will be responsible for the successful installation and delivery of a range of cabling technologies, including CAT5e, CAT6, Fibre, WiFi, and line of sight installations to meet the demands of our expanding client base.
- Installation and termination of Copper and Fibre cabling. Testing structured cabling systems, including voice, data and fibre backbones to a high standard
- Patching and testing of data and voice connections
- (Full training will be provided)
- Knowledge and experience of wireless LANs would be advantageous
- Some TCP/IP networking knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Will be required to travel to sites of work anywhere in the UK
- Previous ISP/telco background will also be a benefit
- FluidOne undertakes projects both locally and nationally, hence a full UK driving licence is required and be candidates should be aged 21 or over.
- A CSCS card (construction skills certificate) holder would be good as would a current IPAF for boom or scissor lifts –
- Prepared to work alone, or as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate good customer service skills and experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to apply:
Please send you CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please add the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Other Available Positions
NOC Duty Manager
37 hours per week, 7am - 1am (7.5 hours shift pattern) Monday to Sunday, 5 day weeks