FluidOne, established in 2006, is a market-leading network aggregator with services delivered via our award-winning Platform One, which is our national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, DASH, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Our vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission-critical applications and data.
Customer experience and high-quality service are at the heart of our strategy, and we have a market-leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 75 as at Sept19 against a telecoms industry average of 32.
We are backed by Livingbridge, a market-leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity-related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys.
Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked at 32 in the best small Companies to work for in London.
The Sales Executive role is to identify, attract, sign up and nurture new direct customers with a focus on mid-market (250-5,000 seats). This involves developing a strategic plan, identifying key targets based on a deep understanding of various verticals and FluidOne capabilities. The key purpose of the role is to acquire new customers, using techniques including cold-calling, networking and attending events, in addition to managing and converting inbound leads. Having successfully brought a new customer on board, the Sales Executive then has responsibility for overseeing and nurturing the establishment of an effective and mutually beneficial customer relationship for up to six months from the contract, ensuring a successful handover to account management.
This role also carries additional responsibilities, supporting the Head of New Business in delivering team performance. These involve taking the lead in certain team activities, including leading calling sessions, collating key team reports and helping manage the full team pipeline. The Sales Executive also helps drive increased activity through their individual and team KPI’s, as well as coaching more junior members of the team when required. He/she is expected to be comfortable working independently, with minimal supervision.
The Sales Executive will be targeted on a monthly basis, with achievable but challenging targets. In return, successful candidates will enjoy an excellent package with fantastic growth potential in this rapidly expanding organisation.
As a Sales Executive you will be expected to do the following:
- Researching and understanding verticals and sweet spot prospects (250-5,000 seat mid-market size businesses)
- Maintaining a strong understanding of all FluidOne products - connectivity, mobile and UC
- Identifying key targets
- Documenting and presenting a strategic acquisition plan
Acquiring new customers
- Lead generation - cold-calling, networking, referrals etc.
- Converting inbound leads generated by telemarketing
- Lead nurturing - meetings, presentations, conference calls, proposals etc.
- Contracting - preparing and securing contractual documentation
Nurturing newly acquired customers
- Managing the delivery stage of the sales cycle
- Representing the customer's needs within the organisation to ensure successful customer experience
- Account management for up to 12 months before handover to an account manager
- Maintaining and updating relevant CRM records
- Building propositions and business cases
- Placing orders through SCT
- Reporting against KPIs: updating pipeline weekly and providing updates, tracking meetings, calls product mix etc
- Supporting the Head of New Business as required
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change to meet the changing needs of the business.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Must be target orientated, driven and have a competitive edge
- Technology industry knowledge is essential, preferably in a connectivity business or in an IT business where connectivity has been part of the portfolio
- A proven track record of success in competitive sales environment is essential
- A self-starter with a disciplined approach to selling
Proven Hunter mentality with a track record of winning net new direct business
- You must be a keen collaborator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Experience writing proposals and responding to RFPs
Benefits after probationary period:
- Free Private medical and subsidised dental care
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Discounted gym membership
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
- Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
- Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
- Free internet connectivity
- £50 Birthday Voucher
- Ride2Work Scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
- Individual bonuses
Location: 5 Hatfields, London SE1 9PG. However, due to the nature of your work, the Company may require you to travel to and work at a supplier, customer and prospective customer sites and other work-related locations.
How to apply: Send CV with covering letter to email@example.com with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.