FluidOne, established in 2006, is a market leading network aggregator with services delivered via our award-winning Platform One, which is our national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, DASH, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Our vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission critical applications and data.
We are backed by Livingbridge, a market leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys. Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked at 32 in the best small Companies to work for in London.
This is an excellent escalation position for an experienced Technical Support Engineer with a passion for networking looking to further their career in the industry.
Full Job Specification
- Responsible for working within the support team and providing escalation assistance to 1st and 2nd line engineers
- First point of contact for complex solution support enquiries by phone, email and client portal
- Logging details of fault, diagnosing and resolving problem. Keeping clients updated at all times
- Managed router configuration for all solutions other than client PWAN set-ups
- Providing remote router management during working hours
- Carrying out datacentre remote hands tasks on behalf of clients and FluidOne Network Operations
- Extensive customer service experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable experience in a helpdesk role
- Knowledge of Cisco/Juniper OS commands
- CCNA/JNCIA qualifications or above desirable
- IT or Mathematical related degree, 2:1 or above desirable
- Must have a strong command of the English language
- Must be clearly and well-spoken as this is a telephone based role
Benefits after probationary period:
- Free Health and subsidised dental care
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Discounted gym membership
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
- Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
- Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
- Free internet connectivity
- £50 Birthday Voucher
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
- Individual bonuses
The Application Process:
Send your CV with covering letter to recruitment@FluidOne.com with ‘Network Support Engineer’ as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.