FluidOne, established in 2006, is a market leading network aggregator with services delivered via our award-winning Platform One, which is our national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, DASH, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Our vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission critical applications and data.
Customer experience and high-quality service are at the heart of our strategy, and we have a market leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 70 as at Feb19 against a telecoms industry average of 35.
We are backed by Livingbridge, a market leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys. Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked at 32 in the best small Companies to work for in London.
The Solution Architect role is responsible for leading technical engagement with new and existing clients. With a detailed mind and a proven track record of designing suitable and profitable solutions, the architect will be responsible for the design of complex customer solutions.
- Lead client engagement and translate business needs to technology architecture
- Act as design authority and propose solutions in line with commercial targets, while delivering within capabilities and processes
- Compose and present detailed technical documents ensuring the functional and non-functional requirements are addressed by the technical design of the solution
- Balance client needs, SLAs, critical success factors with delivery capabilities and risks
- Provide technical leadership of customer projects and oversee solution implementation
- Proactively review customer solutions and propose improvements and strategic direction, anticipating client goals
- Work closely with product, commercial and sales management
- Manage vendors and suppliers to support solution delivery
- Act as a design authority for key Infrastructure technologies covering Data Centre, LAN & WAN and Cloud solutions
This job specification does not list all duties and is not limited to the above list of responsibilities
Experience / Qualifications
Must have experience across the following technologies:LAN, WAN & DC infrastructure (Switching, Routing, SD-WAN, WLAN, SDN)
Edge Security appliances (Firewall’s FirePower IDS/IPS, DDoS), Web application gateways, load balancers
Ideally, excellent understanding of structured architecture approaches such as TOGAF.
Previous customer facing experience architecting technical solutions for medium to enterprise sized customers
Beneficial to have experience across a wind range of technologies including (but not limited to):
Skilled understanding of modern security protocols & procedure and some exposure to the fundamentals of cyber security
- Network Access controls (Cisco ISE)
- Security information and event management (GrayLog, Splunk, Log logic)
- Endpoint Protection (Advanced malware protection, Content filtering)
- Data Loss Prevention solutions
- Cloud Services (Dev & Test, Staging & Production environment’s, Azure & AWS)
- Experience on hypervisor (VMware, Hyper-V, HP, KVM) security and controls
- Understanding of Windows Server architecture design Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016; Active Directory; Group Policy, DNS; Certificate Services; IIS, DFS
- Systems and mobile management software (Microsoft SCCM, Parallels Mac Management, Intune, Mobile Iron)
- Enterprise UC platforms (Skype for Business, SfB Online, Teams Online, Mitel MiVoice, Broad works)
- SIP/VoIP Gateways (e-SBC’s AudioCodes, Acme packet, Mitel)
Key understanding of IT best practice and governance
Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
Oversight experience on major infrastructure projects and successful transitions to support teams
5 Hatfields, London, SE1 9PG. However, due to the nature of your work, the Company may require you to travel to and work at a supplier, customer and prospective customer sites and other work-related locations.
Benefits after probationary period
Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
Regular company outings - go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
Free high-speed internet connectivity
£50 Birthday Voucher
Free private medical insurance
Subsidised dental insurance
Discounted gym membership
6% Pension contribution
Volunteer day scheme
Annual pay reviews
How to apply:
Please send you CV with covering letter to email@example.com. Please add the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.