FluidOne is the only Data Delivery Network in the UK providing the link between businesses, ISPs and the network operators. We provide simple solutions for our customers to communicate more effectively using a wide choice of connectivity, voice and cloud solutions. As part of the Rigby Group, FluidOne works closely with SCC enabling us to expand our portfolio of services.
We are proud to offer candidates unparalleled exposure to a rapidly growing business that has climbed the ranks in the Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to work for, placed as #63 in 2018. There has never been a more exciting time for applicants to join FluidOne.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced manager to lead and develop a skilled team of technical engineers to achieve targets and expectations set out by the business.
The Support Team Manager will be responsible for ensuring excellent performance of the entire Technical Support team is achieved at all times. They will act as the voice for the department at all high-level management meetings, bringing up any issues affecting this area of the business.
Successful candidates will not be expected to directly assist with technical escalations, but instead ensure that the fault escalation process is working efficiently and all engineers are completely clear of their responsibilities.
• Day to day management of the 24/7 helpdesk operation, including 1st line, 2nd line and escalation tiers. Ensure the team have the necessary tools, training, process and motivation to deliver industry-leading service for our customers aligned to best practise techniques.
• Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organisation.
• Train, coach and mentor helpdesk engineers.
• Develop transactional NPS capture processes and review regularly.
• Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
• Carry out regular quality assurance reviews of call and ticket handling
• Enhance and formalise ongoing training programme for helpdesk staff.
• Interact with internal and external customers as required
• Develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
• Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer support. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
• Keep a constant record of team and helpdesk KPIs. Provide reporting of KPI’s and trends to the Director of Service and the executive team on a formal weekly and monthly basis.
• Actively develop strategies for KPI and performance improvement.
• Own our ISO 20000 processes and ensure their effective use, especially with regard to proactive problem management.
• Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organisation. Work with the Supplier Manager to manage vendor relationships as required when their performance affects daily operational needs.
• Conduct biennial staff appraisals, setting and review of performance targets and approval/budgeting responsibility.
• The right candidate must have a strong proven management background, with relevant sector experience.
• The helpdesk manager should strive for a proactive and positive atmosphere where the customer experience is at the heart of the team’s ethos.
• The helpdesk manager will be required to achieve certification for the team from the Service Desk Institute within the first 12 months, or equivalent standard. It should become a goal for the team to enter in the annual SDI awards or equivalent industry/sector awards.
Experience / Qualifications
▪ Excellent proven and demonstrable management skills and strong leadership qualities are essential
▪ Attention to detail in all aspects of work is required
▪ Experience of leading a helpdesk in a successful process driven environment, preferably telecommunications
▪ Capable of developing employees to achieve their full potential
▪ Strong analytical and organisational skills
▪ An excellent command of the written and spoken English language
▪ Must be well-presented and well spoken
▪ Relevant industry, sectoral or technical experience
Benefits after probationary period
Subsidised Health and dental care
Discounted gym membership
FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
Pension contribution - 6% company contribution
Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
Free internet connectivity
£50 Birthday Voucher
Volunteer day scheme
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.