FluidOne, established in 2006, is a market leading network aggregator with services delivered via our award-winning Platform One, which is our national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, DASH, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Our vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission-critical applications and data. Customer experience and high-quality service are at the heart of our strategy, and we have a market leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 70 as at Feb19 against a telecoms industry average of 35.
We are backed by Livingbridge, a market leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys. Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked at 32 in the best small Companies to work for in London.
We are recruiting for a Head of Sales to head up our Account Management team, with a focus on cross-selling, up-selling, high service, low churn, across clients ranging from SME to FTSE100. Strong experience in sales management across Unified Comms and Connectivity for direct business customers is required, with a track record of mentoring and developing staff, supporting tenders, account development plans and building strong relationships.
The individual should be a disciplined, highly self-motivated self-starter, thorough with good attention to detail. A commitment to see things through to completion, comfortable doing whatever it takes to achieve objectives whilst maintaining quality. A team player and natural leader, who thrives under pressure and leads from the front. They can prove their ability to gain results by calling upon and managing resources effectively. They will need to be tenacious, focused, but inclusive and clear, communicating effectively with others in direct or virtual teams.
High integrity and high credibility are a must, this person must be able to lead by example when it comes to handling C level discussions and negotiations. The candidate needs to be able to earn and command the respect of the team, peers and colleagues in other departments.
The purpose of the Head of Sales (Account Management) is to be responsible for driving to achieve the team target for Annual Gross Profit for cross sales and upsales of the account management team and delivering strong customer engagement to retain and resign the customer base achieving the annual target for contracted base margin. Key is to mentor and develop the team to improve their performance and support them to achieve their personal targets and career progression, support bids and tenders, aid on customer meetings, and develop sales processes and toolsets.
- Lead the Account Management team to achieve the sales and retention targets as set by the business
- Maintenance and growth of existing accounts
- Manage pipeline of the team and ensure 30/60/90 days funnel is growing
- Ensure effective selling and promoting of the full-service portfolio into the base
- Ensure the required levels of performance are achieved across the team, managing performance issues in a timely and structured manner
- Provide weekly/monthly sales reports on KPI’s, AGP and Sector Performance
Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasts
- Ensure the team gains and maintains the required level of product knowledge
- Create a motivational team culture
- Create an appropriately competitive success driven team culture through high profile reporting and recognition
- Run a set of consistent and structured team meetings to communicate and gather forecasting, performance, relevant developments (product updates for example) and provide a forum for team communication
- Be the first escalation point for the team
- Develop strong relationships at management level in key dependency groups such as Product, Pricing, Service Delivery to support the sales effort
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Director to drive best value from the marketing budget and activity with a prime focus on opportunity generation within the customer base.
- Any other duties commensurate to the role
The Head of Sales (Account Management) will be targeted monthly on a year to date basis, with achievable but challenging targets. In return, successful candidates will enjoy an excellent six figure package and award-winning company benefits.
Experience / Qualifications:
- We are looking for a strong ability to lead by example together with prior UK Telecoms management experience
- Excellent coaching & leadership skills
- A proven track record of success in a competitive sales environment
- Must be a keen collaborator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Must be target orientated, big dream motivated and have a competitive edge
- Extensive mid-market experience of selling Network Services, UC and ideally Cloud services
Benefits after probationary period:
- Free Private medical and subsidised dental care
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Discounted gym membership
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
- Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
- Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
- Free internet connectivity
- Ride2Work Scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
- Individual bonuses
Location: 5 Hatfields, London SE1 9PG. However, due to the nature of your work, the Company may require you to travel to and work at a supplier, customer and prospective customer sites and other work-related locations.
How to apply: Send CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.