Credit Controller and Finance Admin
Finance Operations Manager
Temporary (18-months), 37 hours a week
£22k - £28k (based on experience)
Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £92m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 86 for February 2023. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 390 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 2000 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Livingbridge to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
We have completed a series of acquisitions over the last two years that have added significant scale, capabilities and products and plan to continue to grow organically and through further acquisitions. As a result, we now need to recruitment an additional accounts payable administrator to join the team.
As part of a team of 3 credit controllers, your role will combine daily cash administrative duties as well as credit control and administrative support for the credit control team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing your own ledger and sending payment reminders to customers
- Setting up new customers on the accounting system
- Liaising with clients in regards to any payment queries – e-mail, telephone
- Working with other areas of the business for query resolution
- Evaluating new credit requests, reviewing customer credit ratings
- Posting of coded cash receipts onto customer accounts and invoicing
- Assisting the team on their ledgers where necessary
- Providing administrative support for the accounts receivable team
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by your line manager
A highly motivated individual with a positive personality and tenacity. This role is ideal for you if you’re a junior credit controller, who is keen to develop a career in credit control.
You can quickly establish dynamic working relationships, forging deep relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Previous experience in debt collections and sending e-mail chasers
- A good understanding of Aged Debtor reports
- Good IT skills including experience using Excel
- Previous experience in an internal accounts team
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to join high growth fast paced company to develop your career in finance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Benefits after probationary period
- Subsidised Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Sodexo Discount Platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 5% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- One day off for Birthday
- Half price internet connectivity
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
How to apply:
Send CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Other Available Positions
Group Service Director
Full-time, 37 hours a week