Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £97m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 86 for September 2023. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 445 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 2200 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
An ambitious company with plans to grow in from current £97m Annual Revenue, 445 Staff to £300m Annual Revenue and 1300 staff by 2030 with a combination of acquisition and organic growth.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Private Equity Company, Livingbridge, to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
Full Job Specification:
The work undertaken by the billing team is a combination of daily tasks, project work and reporting. For several days each month the focus is on executing the monthly billing process to produce invoices for both wholesale and direct customers. Once this is completed the team spends time improving the processes involved, investigating and resolving abnormalities, and adding new products and services. They also carry out reporting for both customers and various teams across the business.
The Billing Analyst will be a well organised individual who is responsible for ensuring all data, services and files are added onto billing system with accuracy. They will be heavily involved with the analysis, preparation and management of the monthly connectivity bill run process. Their job will be to ensure all new items, ceases and modifications are checked and onboarded in a timely manner before the monthly invoices are despatched. Throughout the monthly they will be regularly interacting with customers and internal teams to support and answer queries, producing ad hoc invoices and running any necessary reports for customers or internal teams.
This role comes with a great opportunity to progress within the billing team of a growing business. The successful candidate will be managing the bill run process from start to finish and working with other team members who will support them to complete this monthly task. The experience and knowledge gained will help the individual move towards a wider management role if desired.
- Management of the full connectivity bill run process to despatch monthly invoices in a timely manner with clear and accurate customer billing
- Reconciliation and analysis of sales order opportunities from the order management system against the existing services in billing system
- Conduct monthly pre-bill run checks and revenue assurance analysis
- To maintain the aspects of all the billing import and export process of service charges within the billing system
- Onboard new customers and renew existing customers on the billing system using order forms and sales order opportunities provided by the sales team
- Produce ad hoc invoices for non-recurring charges
- Analysis of both FluidOne and supplier service charge file monthly variances
- Run various post-bill run monthly reports
- Raise and track disputes with carriers and ensure we are receiving the required credits
- Resolve customer queries and issues within the billing as per agreed SLAs
- Any other duties commensurate to role
Experience / Qualifications
- A 2:1 or above in a maths, science, or finance related degree is preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience working in billing is required
- Prior telecoms experience is helpful for this role particularly for those with a background working with connectivity billing
- Previous experience using the aBILLity billing system is advantageous
- Basic MS Excel skills required
- Attention to detail, a proactive approach and analytical thinking is crucial to this role
- Problem-solving is a huge part of what we do, therefore flexible, analytical, and problem-solving skills are key
- We’re looking for people who will enjoy building up their understanding of complex systems
- We need people who enjoy mixing with others; our success depends on the ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers alike
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of databases and SQL is an advantage
Benefits after probationary period:
- Subsidised Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Sodexo Discount Platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 5% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- One day off for Birthday
- Half price internet connectivity
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
How to apply:
Please send you CV with covering letter to recruitment@FluidOne.co.uk. Please add the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Other Available Positions
Cheltenham, London, Horsham (Hybrid working)
Head of Billing
37 hours per week
Network Engineering Team Leader
Perm 37 hours a week 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday. 9am – 5pm Friday