Network Operations Centre – 2nd Line Network Engineer
NOC Duty Manager
37 hours per week Mon-Fri Excluding Bank Holidays. Shifts between 7am and 7pm
Established in 2006, FluidOne is an award-winning provider of Connected Cloud Solutions with a £92m turnover and focus on customer service, consistently achieving one of the highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in the industry, securing 86 for February 2023. Underlying its services is FluidOne’s national fibre network, Platform One, which is the most connected network in the UK. FluidOne has a strong company culture enjoyed by 390 staff and was ranked as outstanding in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards 2021 and in the top 50 Technology companies to work for in the UK.
FluidOne supports the needs of 2000 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services covering connectivity, SD-WAN, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and CCaaS. Focusing on mid-market and Enterprise, FluidOne consults with its customers to design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. FluidOne takes complex hybrid multi-site environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business applications wherever they are.
Led by CEO Russell Horton, co-founder Chris Rogers (who started the business in 2006), CFO Roy Hastings and CRO Brendan Lynch, the management team is backed by Livingbridge to support their ambitious long-term strategy.
An exciting opportunity for a support engineer with a passion for networking and a hunger to further develop their career within the industry. The role offers training opportunities to build on existing skills and capabilities as the company’s NOC team evolves to support the delivery of Managed Services to our growing customer base with our expanding list of service offerings.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary technical team on a weekday shift rota between 7am and 7pm
- Receiving and owning issues, enquiries and service requests from clients and setting priority levels
- Performing proactive monitoring and maintenance of client systems
- Troubleshooting network availability, application problems and other requests for support
- Performing troubleshooting and diagnosis on all issues using FluidOne technical resources and management and monitoring tools
- Logging all customer requests and incidents using the FluidOne NOC ticketing system
- Attempting to resolve user issues before they require escalation
- Coordinating the resolution of high-severity incidents
- Ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner and within defined SLAs, OLAs and KPIs
- Performing administration tasks for various applications
- Processing/coordinating service requests (moves, adds & changes)
- Providing support to the 1st line team for overflow of inbound calls
- Upholding FluidOne’s Service Teams Unified Service Standards
- Adhering to quality communication standards defined by FluidOne
- Adhering to FluidOne’s Security and Data Protection and confidentiality Clauses
- Making recommendations for process change and training opportunities where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties deemed suitable by management
- Maintaining job related training as required by management
- Track record of managing multi-site LAN and WAN environments, including administration of IP routing protocols, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi and advanced security
- Cisco qualified CCNA, CCNP or higher
- Communications knowledge and experience with WAN (MPLS (Lease Line, Ethernet, EFM, ADSL), LAN (Layer 2 and 3), VPN, Internet & Etherflow.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco products, including firewalls, routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable experience in a Service Desk role
- Calm and logical under pressure with an aptitude for learning
- Juniper / Fortinet certification
- ISP product and service knowledge advantageous (BT, TalkTalk, Virgin Media)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Benefits after probationary period
- Subsidised Health and subsidised dental care
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Sodexo Discount Platform
- FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
- Pension contribution- 5% company contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- One day off for Birthday
- Half price internet connectivity
- Ride2Work scheme
- Department incentives
- Volunteer day scheme
How to apply:
Please Send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject field.
FluidOne is an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Other Available Positions
Group Service Director
Full-time, 37 hours a week
Finance Operations Manager
Temporary (18-months), 37 hours a week
£22k - £28k (based on experience)